We are pleased to publish our Annual Report, which reviews our achievements and performance during the 2015/2016 financial year.
Following the reform announcements in the 2015 Autumn Statement, we worked with the sector and HMRC to discuss our guidance, addressing the reform measures in detail to ensure its clarity and that it correctly represented policy intent. Our updated guidance manual was published in March 2016, along with a refresh of the ENTRUST website to ensure that information was clear, easy to access and accurate.
Although the reform of the fund has been the core strategic stream of work in the last 12 months, some of our other notable successes during the year include:
- We increased stakeholder satisfaction with our regulatory services from 81 per cent in 2014 to 83 per cent in 2015;
- We published our first review of the ENTRUST Regulator Standards (ERS) which showed that we met all 25 of the standards which encompass our regulatory activities;
- We delivered on all of our objectives and with one exception* we have met all of our agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on time and on budget despite the fact we have removed four positions from our establishment;
- We exceeded our compliance target by completing 354 reviews (11 per cent above the target). Furthermore, Environmental Bodies (EBs) subject to a review accounted for 98 per cent of unspent Landfill Community Fund (LCF) funds held; and
- We increased Statutory Annual Returns (Form 4) submitted by the due date from 77 per cent in April 2014 to 81 per cent in April 2015.
*KPI target 1.1: 97 per cent of EBs enrolled in five working days vs a target of 98 per cent.
This period of change has required us to be flexible and adaptive and we believe it has made ENTRUST a stronger organisation better equipped to meet the challenges of regulating a leaner, more efficient LCF.
The summary document outlines our achievements across the year. You can also read the document in full for further details on our activities and achievements in 2015/2016. Both documents are available on the right hand side of this page. For information on our planned activities for 2016-2019 you can read our Corporate Plan which was published in April 2016.