We are pleased to publish our Corporate Plan for 2019-2022, which sets out the activities which we consider are key to our delivery of regulatory services for the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF) across the period of the Plan.
In particular we will focus on supporting Environmental Bodies (EBs) to:
- Reduce administration costs to below the recommended guideline of 7.5 per cent of project expenditure; and
- Reduce the level of unspent funds held by EBs.
In 2019/2020 we will also continue to focus on:
- Service improvement and efficiency - continuing to prioritise our 'coaching to compliance' ethos, delivery of strong customer service and transparent regulation of the LCF; and
- Delivering Value for Money (VfM) - we believe it remains important to demonstrate the value the LCF delivers to local communities and the wider environment; and
- Scheme closure in Wales - ensuring the smooth closure during the final year of the transitional period.
To deliver this work, ENTRUST will continue to monitor its costs and where appropriate deliver further savings, whilst recognising that the organisation has to be funded at an appropriate level to comply with the requirements of the Landfill Tax Regulations 1996 (Regulations), the ENTRUST/HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Terms of Approval (TOA) and other relevant legislation.
The overview document outlines our plans and our agreed Key Performance Indicators for the coming year. You can also read the document in full for further detail on our plans.