We continue to listen to feedback from Environmental Bodies (EBs) on our Guidance Manual and periodically update it to provide more clarity or to provide an updated position in a specific area.
This week we published further updates based on EBs' feedback in the following areas (the relevant section in the guidance is also noted):
- Updated our guidance on eligible landfill sites to note that even though licensed inactive or closed sites are eligible many funders will not accept such sites under their criteria (1.3);
- Provided more information on the levy and how this is paid (3.2);
- Updated the guidance on accreditation to state that we are no longer accepting applications to become accredited (3.14);
- Provided further clarity on proportional registration regarding long term bookings in public amenities (4.4);
- Clarified that the way to contact the Helpline for a project extension is via email and stressed that when a project is approved in the same month as its start date on the registration form approval is from the approval date and does not apply retrospectively from the start of the month (5.4);
- Removed a sentence in the asset guidance section requiring funding EBs to obtain annual confirmation regarding assets (6.2); and
- Clarified the rules on checking benefit as records no longer need to be kept in perpetuity (6.4).