We regularly seek feedback from Environmental Bodies to ensure our Guidance Manual remains up-to-date and informative. This helps create greater clarity around potential issues and makes sure we're providing the most accurate information possible to our stakeholders.
Taking this into account, please find an overview of the most recent updates outlined below:
- It is critical for organisations to ensure that there Governing Document meet the criteria stated in the Regulations (this is outlined in Section 2.3).
- Depending on organisation type, there may be different enrolment requirements. For example, charities are automatically considered not-for-profit (Section 2.4).
- It's also important to make sure Contributing Third Parties (CTPs) have been identified and approved when an EB seeks to act on its behalf (Section 3.7).
- We have outlined changes to running costs, which have altered significantly after Object F was removed from the Regulations in 2016 (Section 3.12).
- The eligibility criteria has been reworded and reorganised, so that it provides a set of easy guidelines for project applications; clear instructions designed with you in mind. (this is outlined in Section 4).
- We are offering further insights into proportional registration, including guidance on how to calculate realistic availability (Section 4.3.3).
- We have also updated the criteria for when an EB is obligated to update Entrust regarding any changes in their project's cost or purpose (Section 4.6).
- Additionally, we will provide clarification around Income Derived calculations and what should be done if it exceeds maintenance costs (Section 5.2).
- Our extension requirements have been adjusted with a more proportionate and flexible approach for considering requests by EBs (Sections 5.4).
- Last but not least, we're revising how the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF) branding can be used with regards to promotional materials and plaques – considering that projects are indirectly funded by public money. (Section 5.7).
During the reporting period, we also took the opportunity to review the Manual for clarity and consistency, which we believe will allow EBs to develop a better understanding of Entrust's guidance. Get up-to-date on all of these changes by checking out the revised version in full.