Following discussion with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) in 2017 we agreed it would be constructive and informative to send Landfill Operators (LOs) who contribute to the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF) an annual briefing on the fund.
On 30 July we sent the second annual briefing to LOs based in England, Northern Ireland or Wales who have contributed to the fund in the last three financial years. The briefing note provides information on the following areas:
- Relevant information for Landfill Operators (LOs) about Contributing Third Party payments (CTP) following the Government's reforms of the LCF;
- Levels of administration costs and unspent funds held by Environmental Bodies (EBs);
- Information about EB non-compliance and the risk to LOs of 'claw-back' by HMRC;
- Key statistics from the LCF and ENTRUST's Annual Report for 2017/2018;
- Outline details of the closure of the LCF in Wales; and
- ENTRUST's engagement plan with LOs.
The LO briefing document is available on the right hand side of this page. If you have any questions about the content of the LO briefing please contact our Regulations team by calling 01926 488 300.