12 Jun 2023
Following consultation with EBs, we have agreed an action plan with the top ten EBs. Even though these points have arisen from feedback with the top ten EBs, we as ever would be receptive any feedback from other EBs.
- HMRC, Entrust, and EBs are developing an LCF lifecycle model to streamline operations, focus on high-risk areas, and improve outreach to remote communities. The model will also enhance the quality of information published. Deadline: 30 November 2023.
- Entrust will evaluate the use of LCF funding for Electric Vehicle Charging Points on a case-by-case basis. Deadline: 30 April 2023.
- EBs are working to enhance application quality and standardise their application process, aiming to reduce administrative load. Deadline: 30 September 2023.
- Entrust is developing guidance for potential applicants to ensure compliance with the Landfill Tax Regulations 1996, aiming to ease the administrative burden on EBs. Deadline: 30 September 2023.
- EBs are committed to improving the quality of project information reported to Entrust, which feeds into Entrust’s Value for Money (VfM) report and Economic Community Environmental Impact models (ECEIM). This action is immediate.
- Entrust is reviewing reporting requirements on Forms 2 and 9 and developing a new Form 10 for project completion information. Deadline: 31 December 2023.
- Entrust will provide guidance to EBs on the metrics to be reported on Forms 2/9/10 to demonstrate the LCF's VfM. Deadline: 30 September 2023.
- Entrust and EBs are developing a programme to support projects in remote communities, to be managed in a sandbox environment. Deadline: 31 October 2023.
- Entrust and EBs are ensuring that EBs' Boards have strategies for managing contributions from Landfill Operators (LOs). This includes discussions on the strategies and approaches for managing these contributions. This is an ongoing process.