At Entrust, we're committed to making the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF) work efficiently and fairly.
That's why we're excited to announce the launch of the Entrust Breach Management Consultation 2023. Our primary objective is to gather insights from Environmental Bodies (EBs) concerning our Breach Management practices.
1. Why We're Consulting
- Reviewing Our Framework: It's become clear, through surveys and direct discussions, that our Breach Management Framework and processes needs a review to ensure it is complies with best regulatory practice.
- Modernising Our Processes: We're not just scrutinising the Framework; we're also evaluating our Operational Processes. We believe that by looking at aspects such as clarity, comprehension, and information flow, we can better serve our stakeholders and continue to uphold the highest regulatory standards.
2. What We're Looking At
In this consultation, we'll be focusing on the following areas:
- Section 1: Examines the Framework's clarity in explaining its functioning to EBs.
- Section 2: Focuses on our process of gathering information and evidence, aiming to reduce administrative burdens on EBs.
- Section 3: Investigates whether the Framework offers appropriate interventions to effectively manage breaches in the Regulations.
3. Getting Involved
The consultation is scheduled to take place from October 2, 2023, to October 30, 2023.
If you've had recent experiences with Breach Management actions, you can expect to receive a personalised email invitation containing the survey link. Additionally, all EBs involved with LCF funds, irrespective of their involvement with Breach actions, will receive a general survey link to share their long-term fund experiences. Alternatively, you can access the survey on the Entrust website or directly through this link.
4. Join the Focus Group
For those who want to discuss further in person, we're organising a focus group in the week beginning November 13, 2023. A proposed date will be provided in due course.
5. Stay Informed
We will prepare a summary report of this consultation, which will be published on our website in due course. This report will provide an overview of the outcomes and highlight any enhancements or changes that have been implemented based on the valuable feedback we receive from you.