The role involves registering projects and assessing applications to ensure they meet regulations. The ideal candidate should have excellent administration, customer service, and organisational skills. The position offers competitive remuneration, a generous annual leave entitlement, and opportunities for professional development.
The Landfill Communities Fund (LCF) is a unique program that rewards landfill operators in England and Northern Ireland with tax credits for investing in registered Environmental Bodies (EBs). These EBs then distribute the funds to environmental and community projects in the surrounding areas that meet the objectives of the Landfill Tax Regulations. Since its inception in 1996, the LCF has supported more than 62,000 projects with a total value of over £1.7 billion—making it one of the most successful environmental tax credit schemes in operation.
Entrust, as the regulator of the scheme, works diligently to ensure that the fund is regulated with fairness and transparency. We do this by evaluating all projects before LCF funding is released, monitoring EB expenditure, and providing guidance and support throughout the project approval, delivery, and post completion process.
For more than 25 years, the LCF has fostered positive change in local communities and ecosystems, mitigating the adverse effects of landfills and promoting a more sustainable future. We at Entrust play a central role in ensuring that LCF funds are spent in compliance with the Regulations—and we do it all with the aim of making a difference in people’s lives.
As a member of our team, you'll be at the forefront of registering new projects and helping them achieve their vision. You'll be working with a variety of exciting projects, getting a first-hand look at their goals and aspirations.
Some of the key areas you will work in include:
- Enrolling organisations as Environmental Bodies (EBs) who meet the criteria of the Regulations
- Approving project applications from EBs that meet the criteria of the Regulations;
- Supporting the Policy and Regulations team in answering enquiries;
- Assistance in maintaining the integrity of the data held on our internal systems
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a highly competent administrator
- Is able to work to strict deadlines
- Has highly refined customer service skills
- Whilst knowledge of the LCF is not required, it is important that the post holder is able to absorb and understand Regulations and the LCF;
- Is persistent and tenacious in obtaining accurate information; and
- Has an attention to detail, strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills.
Although this is a full time role we are open to a discussion around part time hours for the right candidate.
- Competitive remuneration package of a starting salary of circa £23k (full time equivalent);
- Hybrid working arrangements at our central Leamington Spa office;
- Generous annual leave entitlement;
- Fitness and wellbeing support programme;
- Access to the perks at work scheme;
- On site free car parking; and
- Continued professional development and training opportunities.
We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities in our recruitment processes; and making reasonable adjustments at the interview stage and to support the successful candidate in carrying out this role.
Interested candidates should email submitting their current CV together with a covering letter telling us in no more than 500 words how your skills and experience meet the requirements set out in the role profile. We are unable to consider your application without the covering letter so please do make sure you include one.
The closing date for all applications is noon on 15 May 2023 and interviews will be held in person at our Leamington offices between 18 May and 23 May.