Throughout 2020 we have released a number of Environmental Body (EB) guidance notes relating to COVID-19 and the impact on the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF).
These guidance notes have included:
- Information on EB reporting requirements;
- Arrangements for projects; and
- Additional information for EBs in relation to the approach to guidance levels for administration costs and unspent funds.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we have issued blanket extensions for projects due to complete between March 2020 and November 2020.
In January 2021, rather than issue a further blanket extension for all projects, we will instead be contacting all EBs for an update on their projects which were due to complete by 31 December 2020. Extensions will still be granted to meet the project need where requested and no reasonable request will be withheld.
We consider that this approach will allow us to ensure there is oversight of the projects underway and to ensure there are no issues with any of the projects. It will also allow us to offer any support that EBs may require. Furthermore, we believe this approach will avoid any issues at the end of the financial year when EB's complete their Statutory Annual Returns (Form 4).
EBs should ensure their project records are updated appropriately. We anticipate there are likely to be the following outcomes when contacting EBs about projects due to complete in December 2020:
- Where projects have been completed and all LCF monies have been spent, we are requesting that EBs update the Annual Return (Form 4) appropriately to report the project expenditure;
- Where projects require an extension beyond December 2020, EBs should now email the Helpline to request an extension for an individual, or a group of, projects. Again, no project extensions will be unreasonably withheld; and
- If projects are no longer going ahead and no LCF monies have been, or will be, spent on them, EBs should email the Helpline to request the project be withdrawn.
All guidance notes and the above update have been added to the COVID-19 page on the ENTRUST website and emailed, where appropriate, to the main contact of EBs.
If EBs have any questions about projects (including completion, extensions and withdrawals) please contact the Helpline by calling 01926 488 300 or email Helpline@entrust.org.uk