In order to support the performance of the sector and following feedback from Environmental Bodies (EBs) that they would welcome the opportunity to be able to assess their own performance against a series of sector-wide benchmarks, we announced in ENTRUST's 2017-2020 Corporate Plan that we would publish anonymised data against key scheme metrics to enable EBs to benchmark their performance.
Following consultation with EBs, ENTRUST developed and first published a number of metrics relating to EB's operation of the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF) in December 2017, for the period 2016/2017. We are now pleased to publish the second year of Benchmarking data, for the period 2017/2018.
The baseline data to calculate the benchmarks was provided by information submitted to ENTRUST by EBs on their Statutory Annual Returns and other reporting requirements, for example on ENTRUST Form 3 and Contributing Third Party (CTP) information. They cover the following areas:
- EBs' administration costs;
- Level of unspent funds held by EBs;
- Level of uncommitted funds held by EBs;
- Percentage CTP requirements of Landfill Operators (LOs);
- EB risk scores calculated from EB return data;
- Non-compliant recommendations arising from compliance reviews; and
- Project value and duration data.
The data is provided by quartiles or by banding value, or in some cases, both measures are used. The data is not EB specific and is provided to allow individual EBs to:
- Assess their own performance in relation to other EBs within the quartiles, or banding, on key areas within the overall LCF scheme;
- Report their performance against sector benchmarks to their own Directors or Trustees; and
- Identify what actions could be taken to improve performance on individual measures depending on the area being reviewed.
For more information or to access the benchmarking data please visit the Good Practice and Benchmarking page of our website. The document is also published on the right hand side of this page. If you have any questions about benchmarking or the data provided please contact our Helpline on 01926 488 300 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org