ENTRUST has committed to publish anonymised data against key scheme metrics to enable Environmental Bodies (EBs) to benchmark their own performance.
A number of metrics were introduced in December 2017 based on the data provided by EBs via the Statutory Annual Return (Form 4) and other reporting requirements. This is the fourth year that benchmarking data has been made available to the sector, having now updated the metrics using the data provided by EBs on their 2019/2020 Statutory Annual Returns. The areas covered by the metrics are:
- Administration costs incurred by EBs against the guidance level;
- Value of unspent funds held by EBs against the guidance level;
- Value of uncommitted funds held by EBs;
- Landfill Operator (LOs) Contributing Third Party (CTP) requirements;
- ENTRUST's assessed risk scores for EBs;
- Number of non-compliant recommendations for EBs subject to a compliance review; and
- Value of project and project duration data.
The data is provided by quartiles or banding value, or in some cases, both measures are used. The data does not allow EBs to be identified and is provided to allow individual EBs to:
- Assess their performance in relation to other EBs within the quartiles, or banding, on key performance areas within the overall LCF scheme and report this performance to the EB's Directors or Trustees; and
- Identify what actions could be taken to adapt and improve performance on individual benchmarks.
For more information or to access the benchmarking data please visit the Good Practice and Benchmarking page of our website. The document is also published on the right hand side of this page. If you have any questions about benchmarking or the data provided please contact our Helpline on 01926 488 300 or by emailing email@example.com