In accordance with best governance practice, ENTRUST is looking to appoint a new Chair in anticipation of the retirement of the current incumbent in June 2023. The Board consists of four Non-Executive Directors (NED) and the Chief Executive (CEO).
The successful candidate will play a key role in leading the Board, with a particular focus on:
- Overseeing our strategic direction of travel;
- Monitoring, evaluating and challenging the Executive's performance;
- Ensuring appropriate levels of governance, propriety and the delivery of Value for Money (VfM) in the Company's activities; and
- Annually setting and appraising the NEDs and CEO on their individual performance and contribution to the Company.
With this particular appointment, the specific focus will be on the following senior management skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to lead the Board using sound judgement and decision making to ensure successful delivery in a complex organisation;
- Excellent communication, influencing, and relationship management skills;
- Possessing the presence and gravitas, which is able to represent and convey, the role of ENTRUST as the regulator of the LCF;
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop excellent working relationships with Stakeholders to achieve the overarching aims and objectives of the LCF;
- Effective public communication skills, with the ability to convey complex issues clearly and compellingly, commanding the respect of all key Stakeholders;
- Insight and understanding of the key issues facting the LCF and the distinctive regulatory role of ENTRUST in addressing the challenges;
- Ability to operate effectively within a statutory framework and to a strategic role in helping the Company to develop a sustainable business model; and
- A sound understanding of corporate governance gained through membership and appointed at a senior level either on a Board, or one of its Sub-Committees.
For full details of this opportunity please see the vacancies page on our website. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Christopher Welford, ENTRUST Chief Executive on 01926 488317 or by email to email@example.com.