As an enrolled Environmental Body (EB) it is a statutory requirement that you submit a Statutory Annual Return (Form 4) by 28 April each year. The Statutory Annual Return covers the reporting period of 1 April to 31 March.
You are required to complete an Annual Return even if you have not received or spent any LCF money during the reporting period (this is known as a 'nil return') or if your EB plans to revoke from the scheme.
The guides at the bottom right hand side of this page provide you with the steps you should follow to submit either a nil return where you have had no LCF activity in the reporting period, or a Form 4 where you need to report LCF money received and/or spent in the reporting period, onto EOL.
There is also this helpful video on the following link to walk you through the process:
Explainer Video: How to file a ‘nil return:’ January 2023
On your Annual Return you will need to provide details of:
• Landfill Communities Fund (LCF) monies held and received during the reporting period (even if this is nil); and
• LCF expenditure during the reporting period (even if this is nil).
Why is 28 April important?
• This is the deadline for submission of your Statutory Annual Return.
• It protects the reputation of your EB with both existing and potential funders.
• It demonstrates that your organisation has robust procedures and good governance.
• It helps prevent ENTRUST from taking Breach Management action, such as 'freezing' your EB status which may affect your applications for future funding.
You should submit your Statutory Annual Return online through ENTRUST online (EOL). If you need any help to submit your Annual Return please contact us by calling our Helpline on 01926 488 300.